Election Commission of India (ECI) has announced the Bihar Election 2020 Date. The Assembly Election in Bihar (Bihar Vidhan Sabha Election) will be conducted in three phases. Bihar Election 2020 Date will be October 28, November 3, and 7. Finally, the Bihar Election Result 2020 will be announced on November 10, 2020.
This year the assemble election in Bihar will be in minimized phases because of less movement of security personnel due to Corona Viruses (COVID-19). The commission has minded their wellbeing in the Bihar Election 2020 Date announcement & Phases. The model code of conduct has come into immediate force with the announcement.
Bihar Election Date 2020 @ www.eci.gov.in
As announcement by Chief Electoral Official Mr. Sunil Arora, the Bihar Election 2020 dates are:
- October 28, 2020: 1st Phase
- November 03, 2020: 2nd Phase
- November 07, 2020: 3rd Phase
Election Commission of India (ECI) has also increased one hour voting time. So voting will take place from 7 am to 6 pm. Previously it was 7 am to 5 pm. So this year 1 hour increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you know that the term of the 243-member Bihar legislative assembly comes to an end on November 29. So it’s necessary to conduct the election before the term-end. Previously the Maha Gathbandhan (JDU, RJD, Congress) & BJP are contested in the election. This year Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is contesting with BJP against jailed former CM Lalu Prasad (RJD) and Congress.
1st Phase Bihar Election Schedule 2020
In the first phase of voting, 71 Assembly constituencies in 16 districts (31,000 polling stations) will go to polls.
- Date of Issue of Gazette Notification: October 1
- Last Date of Nominations: October 8
- The date for Scrutiny of Nominations: October 9
- Last Date for Withdrawal of candidatures: October 12
- Date of Poll: October 28
- Date of Counting: November 10 (for all phases)
2nd Phase Bihar Election 2020 Schedule
In the second phase, 94 constituencies in 17 districts (42,000 polling stations) will vote.
- Date of Issue of Gazette Notification: October 9
- Last Date of Nominations: October 16
- Date for Scrutiny of Nominations: October 17
- Last Date for Withdrawal of candidatures: October 19
- Date of Poll: November 3
- Date of Counting: November 10
3rd Phase Bihar Assembly Election 2020 Schedule
In the third and last phase, voting will be held in 78 constituencies in 15 districts (33,500 polling stations) will vote.
- Date of Issue of Gazette Notification: October 13
- Last Date of Nominations: October 20
- Date for Scrutiny of Nominations: October 21
- Last Date for Withdrawal of candidatures: October 23
- Date of Poll: November 7
- Date of Counting: November 10
Bihar Election 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic Guideline Download (PDF)
Election Commission of India (ECI) has also released the COVID-19 pandemic Guideline for Bihar Vidhan Sabha Chunav 2020. So If you wish to know the complete guideline in pdf for Bihar Assembly Election 2020, Kindly download it by using the direct link available below.
- All polling stations will have Gloves, Mask, Sanitizer, soap, and all other medical equipment needed to deal with medical situations.
- Covid-19 positive persons under home/institutional quarantine can cast the vote at the last time of the poll day, besides the option by postal ballot.
- Poll Booths will have 1,000 voters instead of 1,500. It will increase the polling stations over 1 lakh.
- All physical contact has been prohibited during the campaign.
- Postal ballot facility will be provided for those above the age of 80.